Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Winter Reading Log

 



I am not a huge fan of sending homework home over breaks.  The one exception in reading.  My kindergartners are used to reading 45+ minutes a day throughout the day, so my hope is they can continue their forward momentum by reading one book or one phonetic reading passage a day.  I assigned books through Epic books and sent home 14 reading passages I purchased from TpT.   Anyone who brings it back will have a special lunch in the classroom with me. If it turns out all but a handful of kids bring them back, I will do two separate lunches so not only those kids who didn't participate are left in the lunchroom. 

Epic Books is my all time favorite free website.  Parents can access it for free during "school hours" which includes break.  www.getepic.com. 

The reading passages I sent home were part of a packet from Moffat Girls for $6.  Click here for the packet. 

My reading logs are free on my TPT store.  Click here for yours!