Sunday, August 21, 2022

Sending a Video to Kids



Buy the book on Amazon here


     

I saw this book at the store and thought, "I should read this to my kids BEFORE they even get here."  Remote teaching helped me to get over my insecurities with seeing myself on video, so I just went for it.  I filmed myself reading the story to the kids and gave parents the opportunity to help their children to write me back.  I love the randomness of what they want to tell me.  I was told some students watched it 10+ times and were "mesmerized." That helped me remember how little and sweet my kindergartners are and how important my job is. I used some of the student names while reading the story, which was also super special for the kids.  "I wonder if Nolan likes to paint?" Some ideas fail, but this one was a win. 

Buy the book on Amazon here