Sunday, September 25, 2022

Easy Fall Magnet Craft

 


The past two years of Covid, I was in survival for the most part, even after 20 years in the classroom.  This year, I have made a point of planning out fun projects for my kindergartners (in advance-not morning of!). Most don't cost much money, but this one I did buy.

I ordered the hedgehog magnets from Oriental trading and they were a HIT!  I modeled the whole process then sent them on their way.  They did so well.  The only thing a few of them needed help on was attaching the magnet the right way.  They were so excited all week to do this. 

Some kids were done in less than five minutes so I had fall coloring sheets for them. Overall, I would estimate it took ten minutes once they started. 

At the time of this post, the price was $8.29 per dozen.  I am fortunate that our school gives us $200 to spend on whatever we need each year and then we get fundraising money later.  Maybe you don't get classroom money, but you could try asking parents to donate, or even collecting $1.00 per student to help offset costs.  I worked at a low income school in the past, and was still able to get donations to help out, so it wasn't all on me.  Sometimes we just need to ask!

Happy Fall!

Some other cute Fall Oriental Trading links:

Hedgehog Leaf Magnet

Nerdy Fall Critter Magnet

Beary Happy Fall Y'All Magnet